Initially I considered cloud computing as a waste of time and money. Earlier according to me, it was difficult to get into cloud hosting; I thought there would be difficulty in understanding and handling the concepts. But when finally my boss ordered to implement this in our systems and applications I had to deal with it. I tried a lot to persuade my boss not to take services from these cloud computing service providers but he knew about the benefits of Cloud Computing which I did not know that is why he did not agree. He advised me to read the benefits and features, and to experience the difference between working on own servers and putting our application on cloud.
Now I know what cloud service is, and laugh of my stupidity. Perhaps there was nobody who could make me aware of services on cloud. But for you I am here to make you aware about the functionality features and benefits of cloud hosting, mentioned below:
- You can get service from cloud computing or application hosting service providers. These vendors provide you virtual servers on which you can save and run your software and data.
- Cloud Computing service providers provide multiple user accessibility to allow your staff to work on the same application simultaneously.
- They provide anytime anywhere accessibility.
- Application hosting has user friendly interface just like your desktop or web interface.
- You get rid of maintaining and handling IT infrastructure. It becomes easier for you to work on your software, without the need for you to install the applications. You just need internet connection on your PC and you can easily access your software and retrieve your files just by a click.
- There is no need to hire special staff for IT which reduces cost of expenditure.
- Cloud computing services allow you to pay as per your need and you can easily enhance the capacity whenever you require.