QuickBooks software has been intelligently designed to facilitate the users with reduced clerical work loads and systematization of work schedule. One does not require any specific IT knowledge to use it. However, this does not indicate that the use of this accounting software does not involve IT issues. The hurdle here is that non tech-savvy users find it quite hard to use this application with all its running issues. This is where QuickBooks cloud hosting is required.
What difference does cloud make? Considering the benefits, hosting a particular service on cloud is better than desktop usage in all major aspects including upfront costs, operational expenses, scalability, security and accessibility. Though this process will take away all troubles, yet it is essential to know some part of the technicality that lies for the protection and seamless operation of your business accounting software. Here is an insight to help users understand the process and the requisites for QuickBooks hosting:
1. Remote Desktop Protocol: With the help of remote desktop protocol, the files can be shared or accessed by the multiple users of any business. Users’ QuickBooks application runs on remote server and gets updated from time to time automatically. The resources are flexible to adapt to usage and the data stored remotely is secured thereby ensuring a longer life untouched by any failures or inconsistencies in updated state.
2. Remote Server Setup: The primary need to have complete setup of QB application on remote server is quick and easy QuickBooks operation. The remote server size should be depending upon the number of users working on the shared database. The remote server capacity should bear the load of all users and acquire special methods for balancing loads. The most important thing here is the configuration of firewall with different layers of security to ensure safety of your data in the space of intense internet vulnerabilities.
3. User-Specific QuickBooks Settings on Cloud Server: After the complete installation of QuickBooks on hosting provider’s remote server, the desired user settings can be configured before making it available for further usage. Settings can be made depending on client’s requirements and demands like time out session, active session, print enabling, pen drive or hard disk enabled and single or multi-user access, etc.
4. Integration of QuickBooks Add-ons: Various add-on applications that are available in the market for integration with QB can be installed on the same server and can be connected to the QB accounting files for better fluidity of fiscal information. These applications help users to carry out complex tasks in quite less time by provisioning an integrated accounting environment where all financial components can be easily accessed and managed in a single space and in a shareable mode.
5. Web Access from Anywhere, Anytime: Proper web access is required in remote server setup. Through good quality and stable web access, user can open files and applications from any geographical location. The internet speed should necessarily be fast and constant for seamless operations. Various updated versions of browsers and programs are generally installed by QuickBooks cloud hosting providers to connect with the database hosted on the remotely maintained server.